TEN Real Estate Buying or Renting? We Got It All!
Member of The Emirates Network
Home: Property Developments: Sharjah: Nujoom Islands
Nujoom Islands [Sharjah, UAE] Logo

Nujoom Islands, also referred to as Stars Islands, is the largest commercial, residential and tourism development project in the city of Sharjah. It will cover 60 million square feet (5.6 million square meters) of coastal land on the northeastern coast of Sharjah, along the shores of the Arabian Gulf, 9.32 miles (15 kilometers) from the center of Sharjah. It will be accessible from the Ettihad Road, which crosses the southern side of the project, and the Emirates Road, which connects to the project through an 8 kilometer strip.

The AED 18 billion (US$ 4.9 billion) project will be built in three stages, over a period of 5 years, near the village of Hamriya. Nujoom Islands will increase Hamriya's coastal area by 18.64 miles (30 kilometers) with its extensive waterway system. 60% of its area will be landscaped with beaches, gardens, parks, and roads, while the remaining 40% will contain structures. It will consists of 13 sectors of land, the first three will represent the outer mainland of the project, and the remaining ten will be 10 islands separated by well-designed water channels. The three mainland sectors will connect to Sharjah and overlook the water channels.

The 10 islands will be connected by bridges and will contain 40 high-rise towers for residential and commercial purposes, 145 apartment buildings, four hotels, two resorts, and 1,400 water-front and park-side villas, five marine clubs, a large commercial center including a hypermarket, nine smaller commercial centers, two entertainment centers and six centers for light industries. Nujoom Islands will also include several mosques, schools, banks, stores, coffee shops and restaurants and will accommodate over 40,000 residents.

Najoom Islands is being built by Saudi-based real estate company Al Hanoo Holding Company, which is also the company behind Sharjah's Emirates Industrial City.

Expected Completion Date - In 2010
Real Estate Developer - Nujoom Islands Company
Location - Hamriyah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Nujoom Islands [Sharjah] Photograph
 Developments
Latest Developments
Al Humaid City
Ajman One
Al Rashidiya Towers
Green Lakes Towers
Concorde Tower
 Property Search
 Developers
 Articles & Information
 Real Estate News
Bookmark Us | Links | Realtor Login | Advertise Here | Contact Us
Copyright © 2007 The Emirates Network [TEN]. All Rights Reserved.